You can arrange a vaccine at Community Pharmacy and at Trust sites links below:
Welcome to Dr Crossin and Higgins Practice
We are currently experiencing a high volume of telephone calls. Please be assured that our staff are working as efficiently as they can. It may take longer than usual to get through to the Surgery. Please be patient.
There are occasions due to the high volume of telephone calls there may be a delay with dealing with your queries promptly and your patience and understanding is appreciated.
In view of this it may help to know the following:
- For a GP telephone call back please telephone the surgery between 8.30am – 10.00am. A face-to-face appointment can only be booked by a GP as we are not able to offer advanced booking for routine appointments currently.
- Telephone after 2.00pm if you need any of the following:
- Appointment with the Practice Nurse for bloods /BP/ Smear/ Asthma review/ COPD review/ Diabetic review/ Warfarin
- Results of blood tests or investigations
- Repeat sick lines
- Other queries
Thank you for your understanding.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation we can not offer prebookable routine GP appointments. We understand that some patients are upset about this but we have to keep everyone as safe as possible and are constantly looking at new ways to provide a safe service to our patients. There are other ways in which you can reach your GP and please be aware that after the GP has spoken with you they may ask you to visit the practice to see them:
- Triage Line: Our triage line is available for urgent queries. Our staff will take details from you and please answer these questions openly and honestly. Please respect that the GPs have directed staff to ask these questions and need the information to help you. Triage is opened from 8.30am - 10am. If you ring after this time and it is not an medical emergency, our team will advise you to ring the next day. In some circumstances the GP may feel its best that you do attend the surgery and may direct you to do so. Please be assured that we are trying to make the surgery as safe as possible for the small number of patients that are asked to come up to the see the GP.
- Routine phone call: Our team have a limited amount of daily routine phone calls. These are booked on a first come, first served basis. Again, our team will ask you various questions that the GPs have asked them too. Please answer open and honestly. Please do not refuse to answer as we need this information. Someone from the team will call you back throughout that day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR PRACTICE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE ABUSE POLICY. Our staff are working exceptionally hard during these difficult times to provide a safe service. Abuse of any kind, either verbal or physical to our staff will not be tolerated by the practice.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR CO-OPERATION DURING THIS TIME. WE HOPE THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS WE ARE TRYING TO PROVIDE A SERVICE WHICH IS AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE FOR EVERYONE.
Our whole highly skilled team are working together to try and do the best job that they can. Our pharmacy team, office team, GP team and nursing team are all helping each other so you may get a phone call from the staff member who can best deal with your query. We ask patients to please wear a mask where possible when visiting our premises.
The Community District Nursing team will begin vaccinating all our housebound over 80 years old patients this week.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS ARE UP TO DATE WITH THE PRACTICE
Covid-19 Self Booking Vaccine Website
Alternatively you can make an appointment via telephone
0300 200 7813
Corona Virus Information
Vaccination is the most important thing you can do to protect your community against serious illnesses. When enough people get vaccinated, it’s harder for a disease to spread to those who can’t have vaccines
We know many people are interested in the COVID-19 vaccination and want to assure you that we are working through a priority list set by the Department of Health. Please do not contact your GP about getting the vaccine. We will contact patients in order of priority
Green Book Immunisation Guidelines Covid 19 link:
SELF ISOLATION NOTE
If you have been advised to self isolate you can now download an isolation note to give to your employer. Please follow the link below to complete:
If you have any of the following:
- A high temperature
- Shortness of breath
- A Cough
- Loss of Taste or Smell
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE SURGERY!!
FOR ALL QUERIES TELEPHONE
CARRICK HILL 02890 268 080 GLEN ROAD SURGERY 02890 306 996
If you are looking general advice about Coronavirus you can now contact the NHS advice line on 111.
Advice can also be found on the following links:
CLICK HERE FOR IMFORMATION ABOUT FACE COVERINGS.
You do not need to order any additional medicines. Please continue to order you medication when it is due.
During this challenging time patients are not to attend the practice to order medication and should do so via telephone, email or via our online reordering facility.
All prescriptions will now be collected from your nominated Pharmacy including repeat prescriptions
THE PHARMACISTS ARE DEALING WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF PRESCRIPTIONS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND ALLOW TIME FOR THE PHARMACIST TO PROCESS THESE.
There will be no walk-in baby clinics until further notice
The Practice will continue to see patients specifically given appointments by the GPs
If you telephone the Practice you will be offered a telephone call back from the GP. The GP will triage your call and where needed provide a prescription or immediately necessary treatment. You will be asked to nominate a Pharmacy of your choice where your prescription will be sent for collection.
Dr Crossin & Higgins Practice
Working in 2 locations at Carrick Hill and Glen Road Surgeries the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
We are pleased to announce that we now have two new GP Partners: Dr Maeve Armstrong and Dr Madeline Brennan.
Our Mission Statement is to provide a caring patient-centred service, combining health care and health promotion